Event Registration - Associated General Contractors of New Mexico
Silica Competent Person Training11/1/17 - 11/2/17
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
On September 23, 2017, contractors must comply with OSHA's respirable crystalline standard for construction.
Per the requirements of the Respirable Crystalline Silica Standard (29 CFR 1926.53), employers are required to provide specified control measures at locations where crystalline silica presence measures above 25 micrograms per cubic meter.
This facilitated and interactive 2 Day Training Course allows participants to gain the knowledge they need to assure the effectiveness of their company's silica compliance program, and to understand the requirements and responsibilities of a silica "competent person" on construction sites.
Day 1 Course Content:
- Specified Exposure Control Methods
- Alternative Exposure Assessment Methods
- Respiratory Protection
- Elements of the Written Exposure Control Plan
- Medical Surveillance
- Employee Hazard Communication, Training, and Recordkeeping
Day 2 Course Content:This course covers air sampling methods and equipment necessary to collect information about employee exposure per the requirements of 1926.1153(d).
- Air Sampling for Exposure Assessment
- Performance vs Scheduled Monitoring
- Air Sampling Equipment, Sample Collection, Pumps, and Calibration
- Selection of Laboratories
- Documentation of Sampling Results
- Written Exposure Control Plan
- Task Descriptions
- Engineering Controls, Work Practices, and Respiratory Protection
- Effectiveness Evaluation
- Demonstration of Understanding
Member Rate: $285
Non-Member Rate: $300
Location: AGC Career Center, 1615 University Blvd NE, Albuquerque, NM 87102
Registration ends on October 31, 2017