Event Registration - Associated General Contractors of New Mexico
Lean Construction Education Program7/31/2019 - 8/28/2019
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
To help contractors develop the knowledge needed to build lean, the Associated General Contractors of America developed the Lean Construction Education Program. Construction professionals at all experience levels will learn the building blocks necessary to transform their projects and companies into a lean operating system.
The Lean Construction Education Program consists of seven courses designed for general managers, construction managers, project managers, and superintendents. Those who successfully complete the seven Lean courses may submit for the CM-Lean designation. (Apply to take the CM Lean Exam by clicking Here)
- 7/31/19 Unit 1 | Variation in Production Systems - A four-hour course about “Variation” – when things on the project do not go as planned. We look at the root causes of variation and learn how to reduce it. Unit 2 | Pull in Production - A four-hour in-seat course about “Pull Production” which leads to reliable workflow.
- 8/7/19 Unit 3 | Lean Work structuring - A four-hour course introducing the “Last Planner System” developed by the Lean Construction Institute to plan projects in a way that produces reliable workflow. Unit 4 | The Last Planner® System - A four-hour course completing the study of the Last Planner System and showing how to conduct make-ready and weekly work planning sessions.
- 8/14/19 Unit 5 | Lean Supply Chain and Assembly - An eight-hour course explaining Lean supply chain and assembly.
- 8/21/19 Unit 6 | Lean Design and Pre-construction - A four-hour course introducing value-based leadership, Lean in the design process, and relational contracting.
- 8/28/19 Unit 7 | Problem-solving Principles and Tools - A seven-hour course on a team approach in overcoming challenges with useful tools to support the problem-solving process.
InstructorAndy Lee, owner of LeeCon General Contractor, LLC
Andy is approved by AGC of America to facilitate the Lean Construction Education Program. Andy has over 35 years of experience in the construction industry. Andy’s roles of carpenter, assistant superintendent, safety coordinator, superintendent, project manager, estimator,and20 year business owner have given him a clear perspective of the challenges faced by all members of the construction team.
Free Online Introductory CourseClick on the following link: Lean Construction 101 - Foundations of Lean Construction
Textbook - NOW AVAILABLE THROUGH AMAZON
- Students are responsible for purchasing and downloading the LEAN Unit 1 book prior to class. (Download Unit 1 HERE) (Download Unit 2 HERE) (Download Unit 3 HERE) (Download Unit 4 HERE) (Download Unit 5 HERE) (Download Unit 6 HERE) (Download Unit 7 HERE)
- You'll need an electronic reader, smart phone, or laptop that can be brought to class with the Kindle App downloaded from Amazon. (Download the FREE Kindle Reader App)
Location: AGC Career Center, 1615 UNIVERSITY BLVD NE, ALBUQUERQUE, NM 87102