8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Building Operator Certification (BOC®) is a nationally recognized, competency-based training and certification program that offers facilities personnel the improved job skills and knowledge to transform workplaces to be more comfortable, energy-efficient and environmentally friendly.About the Program
Running a building isn’t the job it used to be. The complexities and interdependencies of a facility’s systems – HVAC, electric, lighting, etc. – require an understanding of the big picture so that they work together optimally to promote energy efficiency.
The Building Operator Certification program trains facilities personnel to understand how these systems work together, and how to bring them to their most efficient level of operation. Level I training provides an overview of critical building systems. Level II emphasizes preventative maintenance and more targeted training.
Consistently, BOC Program graduates and their employers recognize the positive results of BOC training and the value those results bring. Graduates come away with improved job skills and a career-enhancing certification. Employers appreciate the bottom line cost savings that result from increased energy efficiency.
DATES OF CLASSES: 64 classroom hours over 7 months
"Understanding and communication between a Contractor and their Client is key. The BOC training program gives insight into the challenges from a Building Operator perspective which in turn helps us, the Contractor to better incorporate comfort and efficiency feature components.
Turning the corner of understanding builds trust and increases the value of our services. As a General Contractor, the ability to deliver a building with a lifetime of cost-saving features and better yet, to communicate that goal fosters a relationship of loyalty and customer satisfaction.”
Craig Hanson, Jaynes Corporation
- 11/14/19 & 11/15/19 - BOC 1001 Energy Efficient Operation of Building HVAC Systems
- 12/13/19 - BOC 1002 Measuring and Benchmarking Energy Performance
- 1/10/20 - BOC 1003 Efficient Lighting Fundamentals
- 2/14/20 - BOC 1004 HVAC Controls Fundamentals
- 3/13/20 - BOC 1005 Indoor Environmental Quality
- 4/10/20 - BOC 1006 Common Opportunities for Low-Cost Operational Improvement
- 5/8/20 - BOC Water
GRANT FUNDING AVAILABLE FROM PNM for qualified applicants
- $1,500.00 from PNM – reimbursed at end of course for qualified applicants
- AGC Members - ask about other discounts and Tuition assistance opportunities
Location: AGC Career Center, 1615 University Blvd NE, Albuquerque, NM 87102