Event Registration - Associated General Contractors of New Mexico
ONLINE - 102 ESSENTIAL CONSTRUCTION MATH4/21/2020 - 12/31/2020
102 ESSENTIAL CONSTRUCTION MATHThis construction math self-paced class is intended to develop mathematical skills that can be applied to the construction trade through practice and application. This course is an introduction to other courses in construction. While this class is not a prerequisite for any other classes, it does provide a foundation for them.
By the end of this class you should:
- be able to use and understand all operations on fractions and decimals that are common to the construction industry.
- be able to convert measurements from fractions to decimals
- be able to calculate area, and volume of various shapes
- be able to convert measurements from cubic feet to cubic yards
- be able to measure the volume of concrete footings, slabs, walls, and columns.
- be able to calculate board feet
- be able to calculate and measure for basic constructions in wood and concrete