Event Registration - Associated General Contractors of New Mexico
ONLINE - 100 INTRODUCTION TO CONSTRUCTION SEMINAR SYLLABUS4/22/2020 - 12/31/2020
100 INTRODUCTION TO CONSTRUCTION SEMINAR SYLLABUSThis self-paced four module Introduction to Construction seminar is an introduction to the construction industry, its parties, and processes. Students will become familiar with the different types of construction, the diverse roles, stages, and processes of a construction project. Students will develop an awareness of safety regulations, safety inspection, construction documents and their uses. Students will develop a working understanding of construction project management topics including estimating, project management, scheduling, close out and pay out.
By the end of this online seminar you should be able to:
- Understand and use standard construction terminology
- Identify the primary professions engaged in construction and their roles in the construction processes.
- Identify different types of construction
- Develop an understanding of the materials and processes used in construction
- Develop an awareness of construction safety regulations and the role of OSHA
- Explain and discuss the various types of contract documents
- Become familiar with building codes, zoning, and inspection.
- Understand basic concepts of estimating, project management and scheduling
- Identify and ascertain information about the careers in construction.
Registration ends on 12/31/2020