This 114 Estimating Civil and Site work Construction online course introduces students to estimating civil engineering, heavy construction projects, and site work construction projects. This online class will cover reading and understanding civil construction plans, determining earthwork quantities, determining crew make-up, and fundamentals of estimating various civil and site work components.
To do well in this 114 Estimating Civil and Sitework Construction online class you should have the following skills:
- Familiarity with blueprints
- Have a basic knowledge of construction estimating subjects including:
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division)
- Be familiar with the use of a calculator
- Be able to organize your work so it can easily be understood by others
By the end of this class you should be able to:
- Understand and use standard terminology used in civil construction
- Organize an estimate in a logical format
- Perform quantity take-offs for civil construction work
- Determine crew make up and productivity
- Calculate labor, equipment, and material costs for civil construction works
- Prepare a final estimate for a civil/site work construction project including indirect costs, mark-ups, and profit.
Registration has been Closed for this event.