The NC Brewers Cup is the official beer competition of the North Carolina State Fair and the North Carolina Craft Brewers Guild! Commercial brewers are invited to participate in this BJCP sanctioned beer competition, sponsored by Pro Refrigeration, Inc. Only federally and North Carolina ABC permitted breweries may enter the commercial beer competition. A minimum of one Beer Judge Certification Program (BJCP) judge and one professional beer judge will evaluate all entries. The NC Brewer's Cup is a BJCP sanctioned competition.
GENERAL RULES Registration for this contest is exclusively online and will be open through August 9, 2019. All entries must be received at Pro Refrigeration, Inc. during the drop-off period: August 15th & 16th, 2019. Online registration is required prior to shipping/dropping off your entries.
1. Entrant must be the producer of the beer.
2. All entries (bottles/cans/crowlers/growlers) must include a Entry Identification Label and a No-Charge Donation invoice (these will be auto-generated from your online registration)
3. Online registration is required prior to dropping off/shipping your entry.
4. Entries will be judged according to the 2015 version of the Beer Judge Certification Program (BJCP) style guidelines at www.bjcp.org/stylecenter.php.
5. Entries will be accepted for the 34 BJCP categories listed in the judging section. Meads and ciders will not be accepted/judged in the competition.
6. Entries will also be accepted for a new 2019 category: "NC Home-Grown Beer" - 55% of the beer's dry-weight ingredients are sourced from North Carolina.
6. Beers are judged according to style guidelines for the subcategory as listed by the entrant.
7. Winners may be displayed at the NC State Fair Public House.
COMMERCIAL COMPETITION RULES
1. Only federally and NC ABC permitted North Carolina breweries may enter the commercial beer competition.
2. Entries must be registered in North Carolina, and have a NC-approved label.
3. Entrants must submit two (2) containers (cans/bottles/crowlers/growlers) of each entry for the commercial competition.
4. Entry fees are $30 per beer entry. Credit card payment is collected during the online registration process.
All entries will be judged blind based on the subcategory. Medals will be awarded to commercial winners. The NC Brewers Cup trophy will be awarded to the Best in Show commercial winner.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Lisa M. Parker | Associate Director
North Carolina Craft Brewers Guild
c. 919.951.8588 Location: Pro Refrigeration, Inc.