A Great Place in California is one that is memorable to the community and individuals and creates a strong sense of place.
A Great Place Contributes to the vibrancy and/or livability of a community.
A wide variety of places may be considered great, including: Great Vistas, Great Places to Play, Great Places for People, Great Corridors, Great Centers, and Great Places to Preserve.
Characteristics to consider (not all may apply):
* Contribution to a resident's day-to-day quality of living, encouraging human contact and social activities
* Multi-modal transportation (i.e. pedestrians, bicyclists, transit, drivers)
* Visually interesting design and architectural features
* Sustainable design
* Safe environment that is welcoming for all
* Unique or special character, such as a reflection of local culture or history
* Extraordinary open spaces that preserve the natural environment
If you are filling out this form for the first time, please click the New Submission button on the left.
If you are returning to edit or complete a previous submission, please fill out the email address and access code you set up previously and click Edit Submission.