This child safety book is an excellent and affordable resource written by a pediatrician for parents, teachers, and caregivers. Learn how to respond to child abuse in a positive and constructive manner that gets children the help they need and keeps them safe.
Written by a pediatrician in plain language, Helping Children Affected by Abuse: A Parent's and Teacher's Handbook for Increasing Awareness is an excellent and affordable resource for adults of any level of awareness on the topic of child abuse.
Physical, sexual, and emotional abuse are discussed in detail in a readable, practical, and accurate style, providing an exceptional resource for adults who want to know more about the ever-increasing problem of child abuse, including topics ranging from munchausen by proxy to child neglect and abandonment. Learn to recognize the warning signs of abuse and how to respond in a positive and constructive manner that gets children the help they need and keeps them safe.
Stressing the importance of awareness, this book provides information on the following:
• Ways to discipline children in a constructive, nonabusive manner
• Tips to protect children from the dangers of dating violence
• Guidelines to avoid asking leading questions
• The risk of the internet for children and how to discuss them
• How to monitor Internet use
• Choosing a childcare provider
• Art therapy and helping children express their emotions