News Items - DRIE - South Western Ontario
|Click the button below to search for articles...|
View News Items from prior months...
The Emergency Preparedness and Business Continuity Conference
The Emergency Preparedness and Business Continuity Conference, with the theme "Facing Climate Change - A Hard Look at Disaster Risk Reduction", will be held from Monday, November 7 to Thursday, November 10, 2022 at the Sheraton Wall Centre Hotel, Vancouver, British Columbia.
The objectives of the conference are:
* To bring together professional emergency planners, business continuity planners and others with a responsibility for emergency preparedness and business continuity
* To provide emergency response information, resources and networking opportunities
* To create awareness of the need for emergency preparedness in healthcare facilities
* To provide topical information and response, recovery and BCP strategies related to health care
* To review recent disaster events and their impacts on communities
For more and to register, go to
DRIE Organization Name Change Approved
After the executives of DRIE chapters across Canada recommended changing the organization's name to RIE (Resilience Information Exchange), a majority of participating SWO chapter members approved the recommendation in a vote during a virtual meeting on Wednesday, June 8, 2022. This action came after requests from members pointing out the broader nature of today's BCM professional role and the need for a more representative organizational name.
© 2022 Disaster Recovery Information Exchange - South Western Ontario