Welcome to our Job Board!
For employers, please contact us if you would like to post a job listing.
Below are some of our more recent job listings:
Water Distribution Worker
Under close supervision, performs manual work and semi-skilled mechanical tasks in the installation, repair and maintenance of a water distribution system. Exercises some independent judgment in determining work methods after receiving written or oral instructions.
Location City: Moline, IL 61265, United States
How to Apply:
Apply on line at www.moline.il.us
Direct Link: Click here for more info
WATER UTILITY SPECIALIST
Naperville Department of Public Utilities - Water & Wastewater
The City of Naperville’s Water & Wastewater Utility now offers a terrific opportunity for a Utility Specialist to perform vital technical and administrative support functions related to the Water & Wastewater Utility’s operations, maintenance, and construction programs.
The City of Naperville's Water and Wastewater Utility is one of the state’s largest combined utility systems, operating both a water distribution system and a sanitary district with wastewater treatment. If you desire a vital role in a busy & collaborative working environment, supplemented by training, a forward-looking leadership team, in a culture of both service and safety, you will want to consider Naperville!
• Assist in the design, quality control and maintenance of departmental (including water and sanitary) spatial data and related tabular data, and coordinate updates and improvements with staff
Produce standard and custom maps, graphs, dashboards, and/or displays using ArcGIS or related software & equipment
• Responsible for the collection of data in the field using GPS devices and post processing of results
• Create and edit data from various data sources with accompanying attributes and metadata
• Fulfill data requests and inquiries from various customers including Water Utility management, Water staff, other City departments, and from customers (the public)
• Compile and maintain data to assist the development, implementation, and monitoring of wastewater collection & pumping (and other) operations. Support maintenance and capital improvement programs.
• Coordinate and inspect the work activities of contractors and vendors during specific projects, and/or those providing services or supplies to the Utility.
• Please note - the Starting (hiring) Wage range is $25.75/hr - $32.50/hr, commensurate with related experience. (The full range is to $39.28/hr). The incumbent will be eligible for OT compensation > 40 hrs worked in a week.
At a minimum:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Geography, Construction Management or a related field
• Two years’ work experience in computer programming / computer mapping (with ESRI products) and database design and/or management:
• Must possess significant knowledge of:
• geo-processing and cartographic methods and capabilities
• relational database theory, database structures and data manipulation.
• GIS application software, such as ESRI ArcGIS Desktop
• A valid Illinois Class D Driver’s License
Preferred candidates may also possess:
• Experience using “CityWorks” or a similar GIS-centric asset management system
• Experience using “Power BI” or a similar data visualization software, creating reports and dashboards.
• A Master’s degree in Computer Science, GIS, Geography or other related field (this may substitute for a portion of the work experience requirement)
• Previous familiarity with municipal water distribution or wastewater collection systems.
• Knowledge of regional, state and/or federal regulations affecting public utilities
• Familiarity with utility operations principles and practices
• Experience managing contractors and vendors
• Proven organizational, communication, and problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated abilities to analyze data, identify patterns and draw logical conclusions
• Ability to interpret technical drawings and prepare plans
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
• Proven ability to effectively manage time.
Naperville’s Water Utility consists of more than 1250 miles of main, serving over 43,000 customers in Naperville and in Warrenville (for their wastewater only). Within a territory area of 75,000 square miles, we serve a population of 162,000+. The utility is known as a leader and innovator in asset renewal, sanitary sewer rehabilitation and maintenance activities. As we transition to wireless remote meter readings, now is an especially exciting time to contribute to the Water Service Center team!
Ranked as a top community in the United States to live and work, the City boasts nationally acclaimed schools and libraries, as well as an exceptionally low crime rate. Various publications consistently recognize Naperville as a “Best Places to Live” community.
PLEASE NOTE THE APPLICATION PROCESS!
The City of Naperville accepts only online applications. Apply by going to the City’s website ( https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/napervilleil ). Scroll down and select “Water Utility Specialist” to view this job’s details. Then simply hit “apply.”
Upon your first application to the City of Naperville, you will be prompted to “create an account” which allows you to easily complete & submit an application and attach a resume or cover letter, if you wish. It is important that your application is complete and thorough. Please include/enter all requested education, work experience, and other information. Incomplete applications are subject to rejection.
Notifications to applicants will be sent electronically to the email address you provide.
The City of Naperville complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Individuals needing accommodations in the recruitment process should notify Human Resources in advance at (630) 305-5959.
Location City: Naperville, IL 60540, United States
Contact Person: John Sharp
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: 630-420-4130
How to Apply:
PLEASE NOTE THE APPLICATION PROCESS! The City of Naperville accepts only online applications. Apply by going to the City’s website ( https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/napervilleil ). Scroll down and select “Water Utility Specialist” to view this job’s details. Then simply hit “apply.” Upon your first application to the City of Naperville, you will be prompted to “create an account” which allows you to easily complete & submit an application and attach a resume or cover letter, if you wish. It is important that your application is complete and thorough. Please include/enter all requested education, work experience, and other information. Incomplete applications are subject to rejection. Notifications to applicants will be sent electronically to the email address you provide.
Direct Link: Click here for more info