Event Registration - Associated General Contractors of New Mexico
ONLINE - 105 ESTIMATING AND BIDDING 16/29/2020 - 9/6/2020
INTRODUCTIONThis 105 estimating and bidding online course features hands-on estimating and quantity take off activities associated with General Conditions, Site Work, Concrete and Form work, and Masonry Estimating.
By the end of this class you should be able to:
- Estimate the cost of general conditions
- Prepare quantity take off of excavation and back-fill
- Prepare a quantity take off of concrete, and form work
- Use unit prices to price your estimate
- Prepare a quantity take off and conceptual estimate of masonry work
- The Certificate in Construction Estimating program includes this class.
PREREQUISITESTo do well in this 105 estimating and bidding course you should already have the following skills:
- Know how to read blueprints
- Know how to use a spreadsheet software such as Microsoft Excel, Numbers (Mac), or the spreadsheet software found in open source software programs (i.e. LibreOffice, Open Office)
- Have a basic knowledge of construction estimating subjects including:
- Basic math skills
- Estimating terminology (quantity take off, unit price, production rate, etc.)
- Use of the calculator and architectural scale
- Be able to organize your work so it can be easily understood by others
Registration has been Closed for this event.