6:30 AM - 5:00 PM
This event registration is currently suspended as event will be postponed. Date to be announced in a few weeks while we continue to monitor the Covid 19 situation. Thank you for your support and patience.
The SDMBA Archipelago Ride presented by SportRXHosted by Green Flash Brewing
April 4, 2020
Fluff up that grass skirt and get your TIKI on at this SDMBA signature event! Visit our new Arch Ride Website with info, FAQ's and more!
The SDMBA team is hard at work planning the 2020 edition of this San Diego Spring Classic. The finish line luau at Green Flash Brewing Co. will be the best with the fun overflowing in the parking lot with more food, vendors, and cold beverages than ever! Families, friends and cheering squads are invited to join in the fun!
"Full Arch" Ride: Riders will meander their way from San Elijo Park to Green Flash Brewing Company in Mira Mesa, experiencing a variety of terrain through the open spaces of central San Diego County. The point-to-point route will cover about 45 miles and 5000 feet of climbing and is a serious endeavor. Participants must train for it to be physically able to handle this extreme level of physical challenge. Start logging those miles now. Four fully stocked aid stations at approximately mile 10, 21, 27 and 37.
Check-in 6:15 - 7:15 a.m. Start window 6:30 - 7:30 a.m. We highly encourage you to be conditioned enough to complete the course in a reasonable amount of time. Cut off times for Aid Station #3 is 3:30 p.m. and for Aid Station #4 is 4:30 p.m. If you arrive at these checkpoints after this time and you choose to continue you will not have the support of our sweepers.
"Half Arch" Ride: A "pint-sized" version of the classic Full Arch covering approximately 22 miles and about 2000 feet of elevation gain starting at Sun Devil Way at Black Mountain Open Space Park, hitting up two fully stocked aid stations and on to Green Flash Brewing Company following along the traditional Full Arch Route. Check-in 8:00 - 9:15 a.m. Start Window 8:30 - 9:30 a.m. *This is still a challenging ride with plenty of climbing and rugged terrain; suitable for solid intermediate and advanced riders.
Includes: ride entry, ride support at start locations and aid stations, 1 lunch ticket, 1 Green Flash beer ticket, 1 opportunity drawing ticket, and custom Arch Ride 2020 Sock Guy Socks!
|Early Registration||Regular Registration||Late Registration|
|Full Arch||$85||Jan 10 members only
Jan 15 open to public
|$95||Feb 14-Mar 12||$115||Mar 13-Apr 2|
|Half Arch||$65||Jan 10 members only
Jan 15 open to public
|$75||Feb 14-Mar 12||$90||Mar 13 - Apr 2|
There is NO Day of Event Registration
- Both routes are point-to-point. Transportation is the participant's responsibility. Plan transportation and carpools accordingly.
- Helmets required
- E-bikes are not permitted for use on the Full Arch Route, but are ok on the Half Arch Route.
- Registered participants will receive a detailed email on Thursday, April 2 with a route description and map files. We have special permission on this day only to pass through certain sections of private property to complete this specific Archipelago route.
- Minors under 18 entered in the event must be accompanied by parent or legal guardian for their entire ride. No exceptions.
- Want to commiserate with other Arch Riders? Ask to join Arch Ride 2020 Facebook Group.
- No Refunds for this event. SDMBA reserves the right to cancel or re-schedule an event in the event of inclement weather, emergency, or natural disaster. In the event of such a cancellation, there will be no refund of entry. SDMBA reserves the right to modify or cancel the course for safety concerns, trail condition concerns or natural disaster. Each athlete must accept any such risk of their entry fee paid. Entry fees collected are used to develop and produce the event, starting well in advance of the event date – including course preparation, supplies, permits, and administration. We will make every effort to produce a safe event for all participants. Any decision we make that impacts the event date or potential cancellation is carefully considered and based on the overall event safety, sustainability, and manageability.
- If an athlete cannot participate for any reason, their registration may be transferred to another athlete provided this transfer request is made at least 14 days before the event (March 21, 2020) For any transfers, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to update athlete information 14 days before the event. SDMBA is not responsible for transferring the registration fee as this will have to be handled between the riders.
ARCH RIDE APPAREL:
T-SHIRTS: Pre-orders for tshirts are now closed. There will be a limited number for sale for $15 at the Pre Arch ride Happy Hour on April 2 or at the finish line luau on the day of the event.
2020 Archipelago Ride JERSEYS designed by Canari Cyclewear for 2020 are available for pre-order through February 14
See all designs and styles and ORDER HERE: https://crowncustomgear.com/collections/sdmba
*Please note that all custom products are produced on demand. No refunds or exchanges will be processed outside of manufacturing defects on custom apparel.
**Orders will be processed every 2-4 weeks, and will ship out directly to customers approximately 10-20 business days from the time orders are pulled from the store.
***A limited number of jerseys will be available for sale at the Pre Arch Happy Hour on Thursday, April 2 from 5-8 p.m. at Green Flash or event finish line on April 4, 2020
Join the conversation at our 2020 Arch Ride Group on Facebook. Share tips, old stories, and fun!
VOLUNTEERS: It takes a tiki village to run this event. If you would like to volunteer to join the tribe, contact email@example.com
SPONSORS: If you have other creative ways to support this event or want to reserve vendor space at the finish venue, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are unable to attend, we will miss you! You can still make a tax-deductible donation to SDMBA to help make trails better in San Diego! DONATE HERE.
Proceeds from this fundraising bike ride will go to some of our conservation partners that help preserve and protect our open spaces. Without these conservation partners, we would not have these natural places to ride. Funds will also be directed to further SDMBA’s mission to provide networks of sustainable trails and bike parks and provide mountain bikers and other non-motorized trail users with recreational, athletic and educational opportunities.
Questions about the event? email@example.com
Location: Starting locations - San Elijo Park and Black Mountain Open Space Park