By completing the program, participants will able to:
1. Recognize and explain the unique issues that women veteran's face in service and when they leave service.
2. Summarize the various mental health issues that women veterans may face and recognize how they may be expressed in gender specific ways to women veterans.
3. Apply empirically based therapy techniques that research has shown are most effective for women veterans.
4. Describe the iRest program, foundation and scientific basis on an introductory level.
By: Gregory Sowles, PhD, HSPP, LMHCPRESENTATION DESCRIPTION
1. Describe Chronic Pain and how it is related to mental health.
2. Explain why mental health must be part of a treatment plan for all chronic pain patients.
3. Assess the red flags for both medication treatment and indwelling technology treatment and chronic pain.
4. Discuss how psychology is built into the definition of chronic pain and how pain is a product of the nervous system.
5. Summarize what can be done to improve patient’s responses to medical treatments, including medications, procedures, and surgery.
6. Compare the connection of anxiety, fear, trauma, and depression with calm thinking related to chronic pain symptoms.